Monday, 24 August 2026

⛽ 24 th of augustinian

  ... sitting and no coffee  - yet. Dreary day and dribbles fall. Somehow, there is a lawnmower humming

more, when I awake. Breakfast was tomato and smoked meat on a rye sauced w / mayo and mustard

the project out front. it is not a large area. Approx nine rectangular stones 8 inches in depth, roughly 20 - 25 inches in length and ten inches across. After this morning, I had approx 18 stones but only 3 - 4 inches in depth. Basically, the stones were halved horizontally, where they were easiest to separate [ layered construction ]. 
The weakest portion closest to the puddling water was deepened and filled w / coarse stone and topped by smaller aggregate and then sand [hoping for better drainage ] The limestone screenings that I dug out was soaking wet.
Now, the whole 4 x 4 area is covered in sandstone slabs but there are large [ 1 - 1 1 / 2 inches ] gaps b / c the slabs are irregular in shape on the ends and slightly on the sides. 
The hope is that these slabs will settle [ and they will in the coming rain and time ]. Next, I perhaps can cover the area  w / fairly fine stone to level out the appearance. 
The area will be covered by 4 flower pots or containers so people will not walk on the area. In winter, I hope that I can remove the pots and the landscape service can shovel the area.

Now, I wait for gravity to do its job and settle the slabs.


No comments:

Post a Comment