Sunday 11 December 2011

been there, ala Meatloaf

There are two VHS tapes that I have where I regret not being able to access a DVD copy. " Tribute to Harry Chapin " on what would have been his 42 ?  nd birthday. I also have the CD  for " Tribute " Contributions by Pete Seeger, Bruce , Richie Havens ( doing WOLD ) , Pat Benetar and Terry Klausner ( whom I'd hadn't even heard of ).
On the show Harry receives the Congressional Gold Medal for service to the country. At the time of the show only four other song writers had received the Medal -Irving Berlin, George and Ira Gershwin and
George M Cohen.
The other is called " 70 s Celebration w/ the BeeGees, Spinners, Stylistics and Donna Summer. But the highlight had to be Meatloaf doing " Anything for Love "

So, the quote goes to Carla or whoever it was that paired w/ Meatloaf .  She wears a translucent long white skirt reminiscent of the paraphrased " Wherever in silks my Julia goes,Her outline through her girdle shows " and it does !!

" I know the territory, I've been around
It'll all turn to dust and all fall down "

" Colourize my life, I'm so sick of black and white "

No comments:

Post a Comment