Sunday 24 February 2013

And the " Luddie " goes to.............

' Luddie ' ?  Well , this is Oscar week, right !
The ' Luddie ' is awarded to the most non-techie type person that I know.
To be eligible the person must be under 65. Those persons over 65 just plain don't get it.
Personally, our house comes close in the ' Luddie ' competition. To wit , our unit in Fla is 780 sq ft w/ 3 flat screen TV s. Our Scarberia house is 1700 sq ft w/ 1 flat screen ( 46 incher ). Now, this will change slightly as a 50 in Sony is on delivery... but where it goes is up in the air right now... QMH ?

Our cell phones are all ' pay as you go '. The most modern phone we own is 3 yrs old. And the I-phone, of course, is an I -PHONE, yep the first. No internet either.

However, in my defence, I down-loaded the ' stickies ' program from c/net, complete w/ 'Wajam ' for linking social media. Hope ' Wajam ' isn't an arm of the Christian Science Monitor.
My older Windows, programs all have stickies. So, I went looking and bingo-bango, I have stickies. 
I'll use a stickie in a moment.

As well, I traded in my ' Rocket Stick ' internet flash drive key. QMH has no land line service so wireless internet is essential.
I now own a mobile hot spot - wireless hub. The contract is for a ' sliding scale ' fee that starts at $ 24 / 200 MB and tops out at $ 75 / 10 GB. BTW - 200 MB is about 18 times doing e-mail. I figure sometime in the summer we may pay $ 45 occasionally that gets us 3 GB.
This contract beats the $35 / month / 2GB which only went over once ( I blogged for 3 days straight at QMH. )

However, the MHS ( Mobile Hot Spot ) , records usage and billing refresh date ( obviously for idiots who can't keep track )

To-day, ' Fresh Air ' , a CBC morning program mentioned the new ' Google ' glasses that are mobile ready for communication. Voice controlled and internet accessible. So, once more slipping into the past for me.

I found out typing this piece that ' techie ' is in spell check but ' stickie ' is not  but ' stickies ' is in spell check.

Using stickies : World Wonders that will disappear in 50 years, maybe :
Macchu Pichu - old wear and tear, methinks
Statue of Liberty
Great Barrier Reef
Dead Sea - there is a hole in the bottom of the boat, apparently.
Low lying areas of the world - Key West, some Pacific Is.

FYI - in the Loop - entertainment segment under ' Oscar Winners that Shouldn't Have Won, ' Shakespeare in Love ' qualified. I mentioned ' Saving Private Ryan ' well the ' The Thin Red Line ' also got the snub that year. But I'm a SPR fan . tTRL was way too gritty for me and nasty too !

Oops, weather. Dreary, falling something ( snow, rain , sleet  ? ).
Damp and uglie w/ a capital ' U '.

Baltimore ????? Still up in the air

A segue to Balto, JHU won again, Sat. , v Michigan. The ' Kings of Spring ' are 3 - 0. Next , the Tigers of Princeton. The PU game is usually a ' bell- weather ' for Hop. PU a disciplined, hard nose team.
Michigan was a 17 - 8 game. PU is typically 7 - 6 for who knows who.
In fact, I think there was time when PU was the first game of the season - Fe 25 or so. # 4 game, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment