Friday 3 June 2016

The City Part

of the summer for us.

The life on the 'bee is one portion of our year but there is the regular house thing.
The garden : my take , plant silver leaf dogwoods , apparently , I do a great job growing these. There are 6 of them and the biggest is 9 ft tall and 8 ft wide and ' wood ' be bigger but I cut the dogwoods back. M says not enough cutting back - sometimes.
M does the rock garden and front beds. She has been diligently , toiling away for the week and is almost done.  Yesterday , in an attempt to feel useful , I puttered around doing odd gardening jobs and as well , lugged the mulch around for her.
I planted a ' Jeepers Creepers '. M was not impressed w/ my solo planting. But the ' Jeepers ' was sitting in it's little plastic sleeve , all alone. M said she ran out of room. I discovered a cranny and popped it in. You see if you're keeping score , which I wasn't - it was M 30 thousand vs Me 7 ( counting the dogwoods , that went in 6 years ago , so M calls it one )
I also, dragged the hoses out and about , measured the railings that have dry rot or at any rate are hollow , soon to be replaced.

BTW , I chose yesterday , b/c it is probably the only day that we both would have been out there.
Our household expression is that I garden w/ a chainsaw. Occasionally a shovel or buck saw but that about sums up my efforts re: flowers

Another feature that I've neglected of late. Brett Anderson's North american weather predictions , here it is


Latest interpretation of the ECMWF weeklies with additional input from current observations and teleconnections.

No comments:

Post a Comment