Sunday 4 March 2018

the Homestead

was a tranquil place.

Temperature continues cool but very sunny. Bright blue sky which means a high pressure zone ( for us )

Since I've had trouble parking the truck ( backing in ), I decided more light was needed.
A motion sensor activator seemed to be the ticket. I first considered a wall mount switch in place of the regular light switch which is there in the garage, on the wall.
However, that switch is integrated in a dual plug arrangement as well. Leave it alone !

Next idea, was a plug in motion activator attached to a light fixture that could be fixed in place above the back shelf - aiming down at the rear of the truck.

However, while at ' Princess Auto ' which is Wonderland for boys / men, I found a socket motion activator that fits between an existing light bulb and the original socket. The cost was $40 a piece.
Apiece ? Well, there are 2 overheads in the garage. Both floodlight LED fixtures and bulb all in one.
Thus, I screw everything in. The lights go on intermittently it seems.
I played w/ the suckers for several minutes.
Aha, the description on the package said ' for incandescent / halogen and compact fluorescent. I'm using LED fixtures.
Nope, even w/ a compact fluorescent, the lights don't go on.

Back in the house, I finally read the ' destructions ' in the package.
And there it is : ' at night the motion sensor will activate for 10 minutes ' IN THE DARK , you dummy !

Da da, a working system. However, how will it help backing in ?

And you should know, the LED fixtures have a lifetime of 15 000 hrs and were hardly on. Thus, having the LED s go on when the garage opens is a good idea.

As well, Princess had reflector strips which I placed on the back of the tonneau cover or lid to highlight the end of the truck. And I made a reflective target on the back wood shelf to aim for w/ the reflective strips on the tonneau

We shall see said the Zen Master.

the Zen Master, I'm told is fond of gunpowder green tea or Zhu Cha in the lingo.
I wrote a review for Pure Leaf, gunpowder Green Tea leaves. Walmart Cda had a review section, thus I added mine. I attempted to be an authority but failed.
I described a slightly bitter taste but cleansing feel.
I was supposed to mention smokey, coppery, minty or nutty as the professional tea tasters do.
Heck, I like it !

No comments:

Post a Comment