Saturday 1 September 2018

" River of Stars "

not mine

I've found an author that has a series of good reads. Like always, I'm way behind the curve, I mean the guy ( and tahts his name too ! ) is on book 13 or some number.
His naame is Guy ( see ) Gavriel Kay. A Canadian author of semi-historical fiction. basically, he does research and makes up everything else.

Far ranging, in geography and time, I would guess he chooses 800 AD to 1600 AD. I'm guessing here.

The first book was ' Last Light of the Sun ', Celtic or northern Britain,  and definitely 1200 - 1300 AD. This endeavour caught my attention. Confession. I picked it up at a ' window book exchange ' at the pub. Now, I usually removed and did not return much. But the management was grateful.

The latest ' River of Stars ' occurs in China ( Kitai ) approx 1000 AD ( certainly, pre gunpowder , so far ).

I've heard GGK interviewed on CBC, as if the author and host were old friends. Yes, late to the party

Weather, sees the return of hot and humid.
We fished Friday, pre - Labour Day rush. Fishing was a struggle but the other boat buddy caught 3 to start the day ( largemouth bass ) and eventually, I managed to catch up w/ 2 LM bass that were maybe a tad bigger. Not much
A cool day to start w/ constant breeze til approx 1 PM. The breeze died and almost took us w/ it. We hing on and got off the river w/out sunstroke. Cold beer, revived us ---- and a nap


No comments:

Post a Comment