Wednesday 17 October 2018

Not in Love

w/ Siri

or any other ' voice ' AI. 

But what I hear now is ' Hello Moto ' in a lightly accented Asian voice. I'm not sure if thats a racial comment or not. But what the 'hey ' I'm Asian looking. no accent tho'

I own a new phone. Yes, a Moto g5. The ' g ' stands for generation. Yet, I didn't know that I was getting a Google powered or inspired phone. We are gmail people anyway, so no big dif.
I worried about getting my contacts switched over. No problem, baby ! The Google guts of the phone, 'synced ' w/ the gmail account.
The real problem was making sure to unsync everything else to save battery life. I've turned off all the location services. w/out data anyway, 80% of the time the phone won't know where I am.

Do ya like it ??? Yessir, re, I do. 
a) comes w/ an FM app built in

b) brighter, livelier that the iPhone 4s

To wit. I watched my first ever ' YouTube ' video. And the topic was " how to text w/ a Moto g5. "
Sorta the phone teaching itself or me, how to do stuff.

Glitches or the like. 

Yes, my contacts came over but for gmail not my phone contacts per se. Some adding and editing is needed.
Knocks against the Moto g5. This g5 is not the most powerful Moto ( g5 plus and numbers going up are ).
Process speed does not serve gaming well. Not us.

The sound is of medium quality. Headphones are suggested and work well ( of course ). and the FM app works to optimal efficiency w/ headphones ( as an aerial function ).

Battery life is reputed to be questionable. Some say a day w/out gaming or tunes playing. The phone says ' charge for 4 days available ' LIAR, you Moto AI

Ying and Yang. The screen is larger ( phone too ! )
For old eyes, easier to see.
I can type easily on the bigger keyboard ( my finger fits ).
Of course, slightly clumsier that the smaller iPhone 4s
( it was a small phone )

We shall see said the Zen Master



No comments:

Post a Comment