Thursday 23 February 2012

Card playing 101

everyone needs a hobby and mine is fishing. Luckily, I've been able to fish pretty much all my life.  Thanks goodness says M - get him out of the house.
As well, I play poker weekly. in fact on certain times of the month, I get to play three times a week. Last night in the cottage game ( for me, for them its the local game ) I managed to hold off Gary.  Gary scares me. I get the feeling he knows what my cards are. Overall, the cottage guys are conservative and tough to get an edge on. In " Outlaw Josie Wales " Josie says " always helps to have an edge ".  " all kinds of edges " says Lone Wadi. 

Travelling to the cottage, CBC had a piece on a fellow who is offering / building basic machines e.g. tractors and brick making machines by modules. so, for instance, the brick machine uses the hydraulic module from the tractor assembly.
Apparently, this entrepeneur got his idea when he bought a tractor that failed and had repair work that failed  on the tractor.  He realized that the fundemantal machines he needed were costly and unreliable and  occassionally un-repairable as well.
the upshot is that I want to build a tractor ( cost is $ 4 K by module system ). what would I do w/ a tractor ? DUNNO.
however, once built the tractor is a prototype for all other basic machines in the series.
What skills do I have  ? NONE  Skills needed ? Some. helps if you can weld. I'd need to sub-contract that part. We really could use a lift system at the cottage as it is 60 ft to the water from the house. I guess the tractor could be the pulley motor.
Hope someone else up there wants a tractor too !!! Or is as daft as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment