Monday 20 February 2012

RoT

Reflections on Travelling

We're home in T.O. you have read previously of, tooth debacle on the road and Montezuma's revenge. BTW, on this stomach flu front, I just heard a report on the radio of " Norwa " virus and I think they might have meant  " norwalk " . The symptoms are nausea ( not me ) vomitting ( not me ) and diarrhea ( def. me ) This is a February - seasonal event. In the old or health compromised,  the results can be death. Just wondering, if this virus is what I had.

The flight home was bumpy for about three minutes, then I watched " Untold Stories of the ER " and that plus food service, killed the two hours and nineteen min. Hate flying, I'm never really comfortable but it sure beats the 3 day ( for us ) drive to FlaUSA. I'm not a good long distance driver - 6 hours and I'm OK, tired but OK.  Ten hours and zombi-ism starts to arise. M often drives for a bit in the early PM to give a break. Hey,  I'm not even comfortable driving.
Guess we're flying next year too !!!

Why do I want to be home ? Its comfortable. I think its pretty basic human behaviour.  You know, return to the den and gnaw on bones or something. Yes, you can gnaw on bones in FlaUSA but soup making is a little more difficult.
Ok. I'm a homer, shoot me or in the case of Canadians don't shoot me b/c we are ten times less likely to get shot or mutilated at home cf the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment