Thursday 31 October 2013

Cycles and stuff

The bass boat went to sleep this week. The engine is fogged and the lower gear case oil is changed. A loose tarp is over the boat for rain and dust protection. In about two weeks , the batteries are removed and the tarp upgraded.
Thus , fishing as its been over the last 6 months is over. Sort of fall turn-over. And other work to do up on the 'bee.
In retrospect the 2 key factors current and minnows let me down , this fishing season. I found minnows but infrequently. And there is current now. Tues PM fishing , I couldn't believe the push downstream.
However , no pattern emerged this year that I could follow.

Weather : warm and rain , lots of rain , more to come.

Last night Monacle , the BBC arts report thingy went off the air at 1 AM and then PRI took over but I forget anything that they covered.

P.S. for real , its now 10 hrs later.
The adventure begins. The venue is Staples . The goal discover the potentials in an " USB hub "
I had specific instructions - make sure the hub is 3.0 - this from the poker guys.
Helpful associate spent 10 minutes w/ me and answered all my questions ... I think.  Whoosh
For every number that I tossed at him , he came back w/ two more

I'm pretty sure that I now have the proper hub
What I'm not sure of is what happened.
He agreed that using a laptop for a hard wired desk computer makes sense. After that Kablooey

The history. The present ' main ' computer is oldish. The desktop machine came preinstalled w/ what , I can only assume is a non licensed copy of Windows XP. A warning window appears that asks ' do you want to verify that this is a genuine Windows program '   ----------     NO b/c .........
To upgrade to Home 7 is 224 dollars. The desktop is slower than laptop and has less memory. The Windows program on the laptop is legal. The ' USB hub ' makes the laptop almost the equivalent of the desktop in functionality. At a cost of the USB hub , maybe  ... These things are tricky.
The laptop would require a cooling pad ( USB powered ) that I have.
But needs a port to plug into hence the hub.
Technically I'm a go for transition.
Any screams that you hear to-morrow would not be ghosts or goblins but me.




No comments:

Post a Comment