Monday 21 October 2013

How Do You Spell......

....success. I don't know.
However , yesterday , 2 good things were accomplished.
In the never ending battle to save money and re-use or reclaim ,I managed to get alternate speakers hooked up to the TV.
The speakers in a TV are usually 10 W which means a lot of i-pod thingies are close in quality or volume. What you can't tell the difference , Nope !
Previously , w/ the 40 in. flat screen , I connected a bookcase stereo system that I purchased for the job. The speakers were 20 W.
When the present 50 in. TV arrived , I couldn't get sound out of the stereo.
I ended up using speakers from a Walkman set that I had. Very poor , the speakers were not much more than 10W , themselves.
Sunday , I said , something will work , fiddle around.
First try , and why it wouldn't have worked last time that I tried , I was able to connect Bose bass assist speakers to the TV.
The Bose speakers were purchased for my dad b/c he kept the volume too high at home. You could hear the TV in the kitchen w/ the door closed.
My dad used hearing aids and the salesman said that most speakers produce best  and people hear , the higher pitched sounds. Older folks need the bass end. The older listeners swap volume for bass end.
Well , the old Bose speakers make a difference. Yes , the speakers are close to 30 W , but the bass is excellent ( or mega better than before ).

No comments:

Post a Comment