Monday 25 May 2015

Nattering On..........

... about the trip to UK

Recent info has come forth opining that it takes 1 day for every hour time change that you travel through. I mention this tidbit b/c we are on day 4 of the return home - meaning , that I have one day left to claim jet lag problems................... and I will

I need to mention the SIM card that we purchased for our i Phones and then the i Phones themselves.
EE , the mega company b/c they swallowed up two other service providers as EE grew. Recall the deal , 150 min talk , unlimited texts and 500 mB data. Never came close to any of the caps. It was comfortable knowing that we could call / text at anytime.
However , things are different in the UK. To wit , if you call a cab on a mobile phone , the cab company or driver will
 a) text you back to confirm
b) text you to say ETA and the description of the cab coming for your safety and surety that you'll not mistakenly take another cab

c) we co - ordinated pick up times w/ the cousins and verified our ETA at the apartment and  B/B  we stayed at.

The i Phone. B/c we had data stream , the locator function mapped my location in each place we stopped. To be fair , navigating was something else w/ or w/out the ' locator , GPS '. I mentioned Bath was a walled city and got added to by need. There were times when I turned in a circle just to find where I was - let alone going somewhere.
St Ives , is a semi - circle of roads bent and angled according to grade , so , roads only go straight for blocks THEN bend or stop.
Cute , eh ? 

The weather is fine ' nothing could be finer ' as the song goes
Scattered or more determined showers for 2 days , but we can deal.

Saturday , the season for JHU came to an end w/ a 11 - 10 loss to Maryland , in the semi s. Go Jays !!

I'm about to make my first claim on line . This is the process for getting my money back from the insurer for the post scratch on the Audi in the UK. My instructions to myself ' take it step by step and don't panic '
I'll likely panic. The documents need to be uploaded in a short time frame or you meter out of their system.

Have a good ' un !

No comments:

Post a Comment