Tuesday 26 May 2015

On line Dating

.... nope but on line claims are the topic

Yesterday , I plucked up my courage and submitted an insurance claim on line.
The Audi A1 apparently , rubbed up against a post in a parking lot as I was turning. We didn't feel it happen but this turn in the parking lot  is about the only possibility. i went up on the curb a bit and I guess that I caught the front passenger corner of the lower painted bit. All in the first hour that we had the rental , go figure !

I purchased ' stand alone ' insurance for Collision  & Damage.
The cost was $60 but also included driver injury insurance up to $ 100 000. The rental car company wanted to charge a minimum of $ 84 but that is not their premium coverage which they say is a ' peace of mind ' thing. ( for 120 )

The claim. All the documents - rental agreement , Mastercard statement , damage claim form and original policy , all need to be sent electronically.  The site warns you that if your documents are not easily available that you could ' time out ' of the submission session.
Somehow , they got all the bits and Bobs ( little joke , here , Ohio , to see if you're paying attention ). I have a representative , looking into my claim and he will be in touch.
The amazing thing is the companies involved.
I used ' icarhire insurance ' as the website
which is a subsid. of Halo
but the claim goes through Chubb insurance
and is processed by Crawford something or other

All in all , it feels like I'm being processed

As well , the icarhire website mentions , tires , aerial , windshield , roof as being covered by them. Sort of leads you to believe those items are not covered , normally by CDW.... are they ?
As well , I mentioned the driver hospitalization bit - as in ' what I wouldn't usually be covered ? '  
The policy also covered ' rental car ' downtime for repairs which I have heard of before. And this downtime is not always covered by their insurer or yours
Simply put ' their insurer wants X dollars ' , your insurer will pay Y dollars ' if the two don't much - you pay the difference.
I would like to get the money that I paid to Hertz for repairs , back
You need to pay right away then claim.

However , the real issue was if there was a large claim b/c the stand alone coverage would have been way better than Hertz's CDW

Weather is summer delight - a little humidity is building but a gentle breeze is blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment