Tuesday 30 January 2018

The 30 th of January

an original title

And this entry is post # 1931

To celebrate

What ?  Longevity / boredom

Well, lets see, I'm swimming 30 minutes a day.
This started in 2005.  My ten year window was to keep swimming or doing what I'm doing now ( i.e. 2005 )
I do 100 laps - give or take - b/c I lose count

Thus, I made the window

I came down doubting the streak would continue
The shoulder impingement was improving but occasionally I could feel the sting
However, the steady motion and warm water and even warmer hot tub, seem to be enough to quiet the irritation up there

So, I'm in the 2 % of Americans over 60 getting the minimum 21 minutes a day of exercise.
Who set the 21 minutes, I haven't a clue
The Surgeon General ?

I call my morning swim - the irreducible minimum - thus the Surgeon General and I agree

I actually, could swim a lot easier in the afternoon, I suppose everything is looser and I'd be awake
but the pool tends to be empty at 8:15 or so
The air may be 50 or 60 F but the pool is 82 or above
Run in swim and run out

And I've been wondering what to do about - now.
Have I started a new window ??
I've made no promises
But I'm still swimming






No comments:

Post a Comment