Tuesday 17 April 2018

the Fix

or what we are doing

The watered area downstairs is my tool room / workroom.
Shelving everywhere - tools , odds and sods - in case ' you need it ' stuff
All moved out, into the hall downstairs.
Rug cut away from the wall / rolled and the underlay ( sponge ) cut and tossed. That was 6 hrs.
I bought a dehumdifier and its been running. All told, probably three buckets of water has gone out or evaporated but there could be a bucket or so to go. The rolled portion of the rug is 1 / 2 the area, there is big stuff that is hard to move and there is no place left to put stuff, anyway.
To-day, its cut the rug thats rolled and move some shelves over onto the cleared area and cut away the soaked pieces if I can.

Desperate - I called the neighbour and he came to help. I tried to cut corners and D said ' No, lets do it right '.
1/2 h later the toolroom is cleaned out w/ the dehumidifier running all out. I've added a heater.

A bare room is drying out. W/ 300 lb of carpet and underlay in the truck bed - bound for the dump
We'll save nada. All the wet stuff is going to the tip

No comments:

Post a Comment