Sunday 8 April 2018

' There'll Be a Change in the Weather '

there'll be a change in me '

Goes the lyrics
but not here

The same old , same old
Sun - mostly - and colder than normal by 6 - 10 degrees

The pest guys came and removed the one way door. The boss dude left bait station boxes to place in likely places. I'm supposed to try the furnace room. The mouseys like the warm.

Netflix: ' Fallet ' a crime series. A trigger happy Swedish cop and a over bumbling English detective are thrown to-gether. Both of their bosses can't wait to dump these two. Lovable in their own way but not team players. A murder in Sweden, has an identified Englishman as victim.
To prove that incompetence is international just watch this baby !

For the first time, while watching Epsiode 5 or some such - a window pops up on the screen  " Are you still watching ' Fallet '.
If you don't check ' YES ',  think the system shuts off.
As in, ' did you fall asleep ? '

To finish the pest control dilemma, I needed to go into the attic. The vent opening was wired shut w/caging material. But experimentation showed that somehow the duct connecting power fan to the roof vent was not connected.
The roof is high but the cross beams are about three feet off the attic floor. Thus, I was on my knees for 40 ft across the attic.
The original assessment had the vent as the entry point and if so, the duct ( plastic reinforced w/ wire )must be broken.
Unfortunately, the duct was loosely hanging at the vent in the roof top. As well, the duct was not attached at the fan either.
I went out and got aluminum tape to seal duct work.
Back into the attic.
For approximately, 45 minutes I worked in the shallow space up there. I reattached both ends and more importantly shortened the plastic duct ( by 4 ft ! ). You see, I had left extra duct in case. In case of what ? Dunno !
I came back alive and cramped. And in the house proper, ceiling drywall popped loose from my weight up there in the attic.

OK ! a job done

We still haven't heard a sound from the attic other than me.

This day was perfect for working in the attic. The temperature up there must have been in the 50 s and no wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment