Thursday 31 May 2018

" 1 is the Loneliest # :

or so the song went

Britain has a Minister in Gov't for loneliness. As well, much attention is being given to the loneliness of the elderly w/ the realization that you can be lonely at any age and in a crowd.
Research is now showing that internet groups tend to promote loneliness.
To wit, you join a group on line w/ perceived common interest ( s ) but discover the joining brings no comfort or reward. You are not closer to people.

And loneliness ( no surprise here ), goes hand in hand w/ depression. Chicken or the egg conundrum ensues.

We went gambling this week. yes , I shot craps. Overall, for 5 sessions, I was up. While participating, yesterday, a pit boss told a player ( newbie ) that you are just wasting your money by betting $5. 
The point, I suspect was to bet higher amounts to take advantage of a good hand ( or series of rolls by a shooter ). True.
I went over and said to the newbie, exactly that ' yes, bigger behind the line bets get you more. However, you then need to be willing to ' go deep' or risk more '. 
Many players have questioned how little that I issue at the beginning, $200. For some $400 is an appropriate issue ' to give yourself a chance at hitting a good hand '.
The difficulty is that you could be down $250  - 300 before that ' good hand'.
I realized on re-reading the above paragraph that you couldn't possibly get a feel for the actual numbers involved.

Here goes an explanation. I will start w/ an outlay of $24, as the rolls progress ( if they do b/c a roll of a 7 ' is seven and out or all bets are forfeit ). As the game goes on I'll wager another $6. Thus the total is about $30 for me and that stays more or less constant.
To wit, I'll watch player B put out $22 to begin and double down as numbers it. In reality it means after 4 rolls the outlay could be $40 and if the rolls continue, yes , the total increases.
However, the odds say that most times, every three or so rolls that you can expect a seven 9 seven out )
I've seen players lay down $75 to begin the hand and double each bet as a number hits.
You should see that ' seven out ', 3 times is over $100. 
Thus, I often lose $60 - 80 and quit. I'll come back later and try again, ostensibly finding a good hand at that time. Does it work ? Yes / No. 
My thinking is that the way that I bet, I can probably win back that $ 60 - 80 w/ a good run but I can't make up a 100 dollars.

Overall, I'm trying not to lose big b/c I can't win that $ 100 - 200 very often. And I cannot go $400 down and come back.
I'm trying to be a player and not lose a lot.
While, I was speaking to the newbie, the player right beside newbie told a friend ' if I lose this first $ 400, I'll quit for a while and then come back after dinner '.
Not me !


No comments:

Post a Comment