Friday 18 May 2018

Oh, Boy up at 5:30 again

slept right trough but

Saw the alarm clock at 5 AM and 5:15 and 5:20 and said
Thats it, I'm up

No sun, yet

Computers :
Our main laptop was slow to cycle, no it was pathetic. Going from site to site could take 15 seconds
I went on line to " Is your Computer Slowing down ".
Read through the ten suggestions. Ignored 4 b/c that would involve 
large costs.
3 remedies that I already do and obviously had no effect.
But 1 suggestion was to dump temporary files. Nope. didn't even know what that was.
OK, I navigate to Temp and use the delete command w/ the Security Defender icon beside. Some files could not be deleted w/out overriding ' Trusted Installer ', I left those alone.
Thus, I dumped 40 files that were stale dated.
Re - start. Not much difference.
Re - read the instructions
Ah ! , empty your ' Recycle Bin '. Really !!
Hit ' Display Recycle Items '
Crap. the list took 15 seconds to load. As well, some dates were from 3 yrs ago.
The computer is faster now

Got it - Empty the Recycle Bin - at least every four years


No comments:

Post a Comment