Friday 25 January 2019

the Week Ends

and its Fri

Of course, it starts cold or cooler w/ breezes

But winter is winter. A change of seasons, the way of life. The great cycles of the world. This is a very Buddhist vision of the world and life.
I like to think of myself as a failed Buddhist. Which by the way is not all that bad.
I never went to Buddhist church as a youth. That was the United Church which is prophetic b/c the Jodo Shinshu branch of Buddhism is akin to being the ' United Church ' of Buddhism. Hopefully, no person is upset w/ the comparison.
Then by accident or a communal effort on the part of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Toronto Buddhist Church, I was invited to take part in a skating party hosted by the Youth Dept of the Church.
Well, by design or the way of the process that the ladies envisioned, I was part of the leadership of the Youth Dept and by default the Church.
The Minister's wife then began my education in Buddhism stressing how as a science teacher it was natural for me to philosophically be a Buddhist.
Thus, failed Buddhist or incomplete Buddhist sort of describes me < religiously >. And see it is not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment