Tuesday 8 March 2022

The Sally Ann

 post # 3330

or the Salvation Army. I made the decision to have one primary charity. I heard an anecdotal reference to the work of the Salvation Army. As well, there is a local church affiliated w/ the Salvation Army. I queried and ' yes ' the money that I donate to Cedarbrae Community Church stays in the area.
For me, this creates a guilt / bragging situation. I tell myself that when questioned about charities, I will say that S.A. is my charity. This week, I had the occassion to ask myself ' hey, did you send a cheque in to the Church '. Nope

C'mon, dummy its March already ! Thus, I wrote a cheque. BTW, no one has ever asked and I don't think that I've ever said what my charity is. ... Figures right ?

We will hover around freezing for the nest bit. Close to 32 .  To quote, ' Casey ', " somewhere the sun is shining, somewhere hearts are gay "

Big sun and gentle breeze. To lure you out of your shell. Go touch a tree < hug a tree ? >. CBC online had an item that children in contact w/ nature are less likely to develop A.D.H.D. 
And I always forget that everyone didn't grow up owning a cottage. Since 1963, I'm guessing that there were 4 years when I did not own or have access to a cottage. Even, these last 4 years, we do not own the old cottage but the  boat is there and in fishing season, I do get up there, weekly



No comments:

Post a Comment