Wednesday 7 August 2024

💭 VII of Augustus

 💭 ah ! cool nights have returned

couldn't believe the chill last night [ not fall but cold feeling ]

' boro outlook or looking out as I type, coffee nearby
the sky is brightening

on the QMH front. A .. and an assistant [ not me ] spent the weekend improving the boat cradle on the trolley.
After purchasing the Q', I broke the winch in the boat house.
that winch was meant for a 600 # aluminum outboard and the 1800 + lbs of the bassboat was too much
I moved the outside winch [ for a cabin cruiser ] inside.
approx. 2 yr later the motor on that winch gave out. I got it repaired

next as I looked at the cradle system of two inverted arches front and back, I saw the wood had deteriorated. M .. and I replaced the wood arms. Sorry, M .. and I together. She is very proud of that effort

Fast forward to this past weekend. A .. always thinking and doing, decided that the cradle should be runner rails. So, under the boat are plank supports the length of the keel.
much sturdier and spreading the weight of the boat along a 16 ft length

Kudos to the team

No comments:

Post a Comment