Saturday 7 January 2012

MSM - LotM

Last of the Moccasins or " Last of the Mohicans " w/ Daniel Day Lewis as - the deerslayer, Hawkeye, Natty Bumpo and Nathaniel. ( take your pick ) " Three men,  the last of a vanishing breed are on the frontier west of the Hudson " kills me every time I see this caption at the start of the movie. Imagine frontier - Hudson...... and this 1757.

I've seen at least three other versions of this as well as the TV series.
Great scenery and depth shown in the filming.
Wes Studi as " Magwa " is a chilling adversary " Magwa will eat his heart "
Of course, I want a blackpowder rifle just like Hawkeye- yah, yah I know, I'll blow my face off.

I've read the book ( no, I tried to read the book ) but the English is so stilted , I gave up.

Still, phenomenal rah-rah, this is the root of real Americanism " defend our home and families ", " British absolutism " .  yep.
Madeleine Stowe as the babe
Russell Means as Chingachook

No comments:

Post a Comment