Thursday 5 January 2012

One thing.... and another

" We are not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the ground "

This line is Edna St. Vincent Millay

Another Millais, John, I believe, painted one of my favourite pieces, " Order of Release " on display in the Tate Gallery , London.

I'm also a big fan of Georges De La Tour, famous for showing light passing through his subjects ( fingers etc ), at least, that is what I think makes his work different such as " Joseph the Carpenter "

Originally, I saw these paintings in 1978 while in London. Floored me, really did.

As well Joseph Wright of Derby did a painting "the Iron Forge " . I bought a print and thought it was terrific then one day I googled the painting and discovered the painting is way bigger than the print -so basically
my print is a portion of the whole thing.  Funny, I kept seeing the print and going " Wow, I 'm glad that I bought it "  Of course, they sell you the " best part " w/ the people and the action. Whats missing is the night sky , stars etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment