Wednesday 4 January 2012

MSM - SPR

" Saving Private Ryan ".  I cry  more  these days and easily, of course, I blame the death of my brother for causing this, I'm sure not going to accept any responsibility. " SPR " tears me up fierce.

Growing up, we fought as soldiers, threw light bulbs from the factory garbage bin at each other (  " hand grenades " ? ) - etc.

What were we thinking !  I mean the light bulbs was dumb and the TV picture tubes we flung at each other even dumber.  War.  Not so trivial anymore or fun.

When John Miller, U.S. Ranger, ( Tom Hanks ) whispers to Ryan ( Matt Damon )  " earn this "  my heart drops.
Prior to this, (concerning the holding action at the bridge ),  JM has said to his Sgt. ( Tom Sizemore )  about Ryan  " he better invent a better light bulb or something "

There is irony everywhere in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment