Sunday 17 November 2013

Around the House

or keeping up w/ the Joneses ...... not their name.

Next door fixed his roof and re-guttered. He ran the last of his downspouts away from the house in the backyard.
I still had one at the front corner of the garage that went into the ground. The basement can get damp , so I figured   ' do something '.
Several years ago , I braced the near side corner downspout and extended  out 3 ft so the water pours out onto the garden. Well ,did the same on the other side.
No its not more ugly , about the same except , now , its symmetrical.
Thus , our house has the 2 arms that carry a downspout away from the garage on either side. You'll drive by and say " What is that ?? ".

Our house is soooo quiet. There's no one flying up and down the stairs , just the slow methodical tramp of older people. I can walk around naked - joking , it is more private now. I'll keep the drapes drawn.

The Toronto Argonauts ( CFL ) are playing our erstwhile neighbours from around the horseshoe ( Hamilton ) for the right to be in the championship. I figure the NFL pays the winning team  several $ 100 , 000 / player. I'm sure the winning players get about 20 thou here.

Weather : mild for Nov and damp turning to rain later but big winds up to 50 MPH in some places ( forecasted )

P.S. tree and lights are up

No comments:

Post a Comment