Saturday 2 November 2013

Fire Brewed Beer Comes to Tampa

Nope , not good. A  fire in their facility in Fla suffered heat and smoke damage , thus Yeungling reports many thousands of gallons of YL may be destroyed.
This is a personal tragedy , if it affects the availability of YL in the coming months.

Weather cool getting cold - dreary and gray. We won't get snow.
However , my go-to winter detector says ' its back '.
I use a thermostatically controlled blower / heater in my basement bathroom.
I watch the temperature , last night the reading was 66. This nadir represents the coldness outside especially the ground. I doubt if the temperature reading will rise any higher. So , there you go Groundhogs , as in Willie and Phil - my prediction is in.

I'm typing to you on the hard-wired laptop. Yepper , Mr. All Talk took the plunge.

Down-side : Wires are sticking out from both sides. Cable from the router , charger cable , USB hub , printer USB cable and sound cord to the speakers. And more to come maybe. Oh , the cooling pad is powered straight off the power bar. Apparently , keeping the heat build up under control is a problem.
Funny , I've always somehow known about the heat build up problem in the laptop. Wherever I used the 2 laptops , I insisted that the surface be hard and not cloth etc.. and I raised the laptops up a tiny bit w/ a ruler or wedge.

Up-side : The Windows program is legal. This 17 " was meant to be , the ' on the road ' computer. But Dell ( manufacturer ) lost out to the ' emachine ' , b/c it was 2 lbs v. 8 lb.
There was no difference in speed of the machines and the memory is double.
There is a minor clutter problem but will hopefully solve that w/ some creative re-routing of items.
The best part is , is that annoying ' do you want to verify your Windows program  ' notice doesn't appear. As well , I was using the Dell every three days mostly to keep the thing updated w/ security and Windows and charged.

Oops , forgot it is a little noisier - the fan runs all the time at desk level. Maybe , Mr Creative here will think of another method for cooling. A mesh tray ? to allow the heat to dissipate more easily and thus no fan ?

Have a good one , troops ( both of you )

No comments:

Post a Comment