Thursday 28 November 2013

HighBearNation

' I can feel it in the water , I can smell it in the air  - the world is changing ' not apocryphal just heard that last night re-watching " Lord of the Rings ".
Hibernation has started. We go out less in the winter , sort of den up like the bears.
I thought since I keep saying that I'm a LOTR fan , maybe , I should prove it by watching the trilogy again or should I say the first trilogy again b/c ' the Hobbit ' is supposedly another three parter. Part II of the H is due out soon.

How good is LOTR , well ,I claimed that future generations will show the DVD or whatever it will be called to their children. It is good.

Weather : much improved , at least nothing falling - yet. sunny but cold ( we're below average for Nov ) wind still kicking up a bit.
I skipped the card game up on the 'bee , figuring , I don't need driving on  icy roads and snow.

For the southern contingent : Happy Turkey Day and hope you survive Black Friday.

Saw a special on Michigan and it had a segment on Detroit. Best they could say is that the big D is improving. Having talked to some former big D-ers that wouldn't be hard.

BTW - Black Friday happens in the GWN almost for self defence.
Cross border shopping is significant and retailers here fight to keep the shoppers on this side of the border. Of course , a lot of on line offers hope to tempt the shoppers into staying home and saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment