Monday 27 February 2017

And , Then .......

... we follow up w/ news

Yesterday , I posted problems w/ the GDSP or Voice over Internet Protocol system.

As a test , I called friends in Fla. I talked too much and too long
BUT no problems.
One theory that I've come up w/ to explain the fading signal or transmission is the neighbours.
What if someone was using an electrical appliance , even microwave that interfered w/ the specific wavelength that the cordless phone uses.
The provider we use has a help / advice forum and one entry that I saw was for adjusting your WiFi wavelength in case your WiFi has interference.

Of course , last night , I used the cordless phone.

Further news from the front. Or stuff that happens here.
On a close to daily basis , I exercise ... you know that , but I record calories burned , average HR and highest HR. For about 3 months the maximum HR data has shown readings such as 170 +  and even went to 205 or some such. No , I'm not dealing w/ an exploding heart.
As well , the watch took a long time to register data , once turned on. The elliptical , also has a HR display. The elliptical display has always been faster to display. But over  the same period , the delay in display on the watch has been growing. Sometimes , the watch goes off HR display before data starts to show.
I tried changing batteries in the chest sensor. First run through , hardly a difference.
I went to higher quality batteries and got slight improvement.
The next move , change the watch batteries.  The watch has smaller screws , actually tiny ones. I fought for an hour to ; open the back cover which involved removing the strap too
                                    remove the cover
                                    free the battery which was held by a metal frame screwed and clipped
                                    the metal frame springs open
                                    and the tiny screw sprung up , also
                                    and 10 minutes was spent searching for a sliver of metal on a rug

Somehow , I held the metal frame down and replaced the back cover.
The watch worked. But the first trial produced similar results as before.
Next I re - inputted time of day and weight etc.
Bingo bango ! The watch is back in full compliance
data values are what I expect
this whole shmozzle  , begs the question ' what is more unreliable the watch or my heart '
I hope its the watch

We shall see said the Zen Master

Weather is cool for summer ,fantastic for FE w/ wind beginning to rise and it will blow to - day
     




No comments:

Post a Comment