Saturday 23 June 2018

Cool Day

rain imminent

The clouds rolled in and stayed. Gray out there, as of 7 AM

To finish, the entry for the fishing trip. That afternoon, F went to raise the trolling motor and ' pop ' the control cord for the trolling motor snapped.
I'm going to say ' we fixed it ' but the truth was that F figured out how to jury rig a replacement cord. Very colourful but not the proper cord. Out on the water and bobbing around. We could have made it home easily but it seemed do-able and was.

We spent the night in the X - QMH, sort of an extended trip.

The morning was bagels and PB& J for brekkies.

One bass got brave or stupid and hit my jig. And that was it for bass, despite an all day effort. No walleye, even in the ' place ' came to bite.

BTW, I froze the walleye after filleting and rubbed the meat down w/ soya sauce. I clean my fish w/in hours of catching - and freeze unless I'm eating that night. Fresh fish !

I disagree w/ the others who < bag and refrigerate and take home to clean > , no way !

No comments:

Post a Comment