Sunday 10 June 2018

reView

occasionally I look back and check a post

From yesterday, I want to add that ' we and us ' refer to my neighbour.
For years, I maintained the bassboat by myself.
In spring or early summer.
1. clean and vacuum the boat. Removing debris and mouse debris
2. re-equip the boat : lifejackets, buckets, ropes, safety kit etc
    both batteries ( that were charged and readied )
3. this year, the trailer ( unused for 5 years ) needed to be serviced.
4. The rails in the water, need scrubbing for mussels and algae. As      well, often the ice will bend or distort the rail.

Then we can fish. However, the last 2 years, D. has come up and helped w/ all the chores. Yes, many hands help but this help goes way beyond half the work. To wit, D carries the batteries up and down the hill for me. He is younger and stronger.

In fact, I sometimes wonder how I did all the work alone.
I know how ! It took way longer.

And re-greasing the trolley wheels needed about 5 minutes. And I can assure you, alone, you can triple the time required.
Alone, I make sure the trolley won't move while I'm working. W/ another pair of hands, someone is watching the trolley.
D. says ' Wow, that was easy ! '
Right, I came back w/ ' yes, if I get help, alone ??????? '

Weather is gorgeous, overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment