Wednesday 22 May 2019

and the Blog goes on

' the road goes ever on and on
down from the door where it begin
and who can say where it will lead
til weary head and weary feet
are come home again '

That is mostly, JRR Tolkien writing as Bilbo Baggins,
author of the ' Red Book of Westmarch ' or ' There and Back Again, a Hobbits Tale '
And segue into the movie re: the life of JRR.
A little dull and slightly misleading it seems.
Tolkien would not be impressed.
He could tell a grand story ( and did ).

Weather is - same old, same old i.e. Loverly, Guv'

Practising a bit for England, there. Jolly good and pip pip, mate

Day was mostly productive. Bought lottery tix, drank 2 beers < and in between the beers, got a hair cut >, made it to the car wash
and got stuck in the automated carwash. I drove in til the stop light showed on the board for carwash progress. Nothing happened so I rolled forward but the signs were dead. After 4 minutes, the attendant comes and resets the machine b/c I got impatient and didn't wait for the cycle to begin. Ooops !

Well, Susie the hair stylist / owner - did it again - she charged me $10 for the haircut. Nobody believes me that she charges only 10.
I tip her $5
Then someone said that there are $8 haircuts if you look around. Susie is way more fun. I wouldn't tip the $8 hair guy the $5.



No comments:

Post a Comment