Wednesday 26 June 2019

Comedy in Life

yes, my life

The bassboat was incommunicado during the shore re-build at the Quarter Mile House. BTW, I think that they have renamed the Q - " Riverine ".
The bassboat has been out but needed a cleaning. Last fall, we hurriedly put the boat away. No fall clean out.
And no spring clean yet.

Thus, I thought a cleaning was in order.
They say if you can't find comedy in your life then you are doomed.

The vacuum cleaner. I took a spare vacuum cleaner to the Q. The model is old and replacement bags hard to find. I finally, located similar bags at Canadian Tire < this would be like Walmart but no groceries >
At the Q, I reshaped the cardboard that attaches to the vacuum port. Step 1. Flipped the lid over to seal the bag to the outlet hose - the rubber seal fell out. This seal makes the connect from bag to outlet hose.
Out comes Gorilla glue to save the day. Yeah ! it works.
Down to the boathouse. The power head doesn't turn and smoke comes pouring out. Water must have gotten into the rotating head.
No problem. We had a Dirt Devil stain spotter which scrubs and vacuums. Never could find the real Dirt Devil solution in the store. I substituted dish soap.

Now, I realize that b/c of the shoreline re-build there is mud not grass all around the boat. And you'd track all the dirt back into the boat. Off come my shoes.
In minutes, my socks are soaking wet.
Working diligently, I do the cockpit, move to rear deck and finish at the front. Kaboom, lightning blossoms over the east hills. I frantically, put away all the electrical cords and vacuum and Dirt Devil.
Aha ! boat gets into the cover of the boathouse to stay dry. 
Then I realize that the tarps the cover the boat while in the boathouse are out drying ( were drying ).
Yes, the boathouse leaks but thats a given - all boathouses leak.
While all this is going on the temperature rose from 68 F to 80 F. And yes the humidex went bananas.
I was pouring sweat the last half hour.

Lastly, in the boathouse, I finish wiping the boat fibreglass surfaces. A very superficial go through but I'm telling the Yum Yum Brothers that I fish w/ that they are cleaning the fibreglass surfaces.
I'm a tough task master

No comments:

Post a Comment