Wednesday 5 June 2019

Recovering Nicely

or that is the plan. Sleep helps the recovery and no stress

Isn't there always a plan

Weather is damp, cool and pregnant w/ rain

The situation re: my construction week at the Old Quarter Mile House. The shoreline needed to be done. Cost was always a big bugaboo. While I was owner, I couldn't see a way to get the restoration of the water front done.
The boat rail system was always a balancing act, shimming the rails on each visit b/c the paving stones were sinking and shifting. Even after selling b/c I use the marine railway into the boathouse, I was constantly worried about what would happen next e.g. collapse of the whole support for the rails etc.

Thus, the work done Wed to Sun, fixed the two problems.
However, w/ time a crucial factor, the rails were not put back on the pavers. In fact, the pavers were not put back. One more trip to replace and level the pavers and then replace the rails.



No comments:

Post a Comment