Saturday 8 June 2024

⛵ came home w/ me

 ⛵ x 3 yes. neighbours had a garage sale and I brought home 3 wooden boats
Why ?

Dunno
they are wood and hand made, one is signed by the crafty person

 *** Ahoy! I came from # 81 garage sale


The info says that this boat was made in Perce, Que

So, that photo took a while to find. Method : when you take a photo in Whatsapp, the file is stored in Media for Whatsapp. I hunted down the photo in Files ; photos ; images from Whatsapp 

the story : years ago, M .. saw a model boat in Michigan, in fact, a replica of the ' Cutty Sark ' [ record setting clipper on the China run ]
I visited the ' Cutty Sark ' in Greenwich [ outside of London ]. There is a photo [ of course ]
Thus, we added to the fleet, today.
Confession time, as well : my replica of Cutty Sark is not bad BUT the model is missing the girl [ pointing ] that's on the bow of the real Cutty Sark. 
Trivia: cutty sark means a girls dress shirt
Further. I see a Cutty Sark clock on the wall. There are Cutty Sark matches and chocolates 
finally, yes, I drank quite a lot of Cutty Sark, too !

I paid $ 19 for all three boats 
And many thanks for reading this blog



No comments:

Post a Comment