Wednesday 11 September 2024

⛴ whoa.missed a day

 ⛴ the story

When I get overtired [ fail to rest when I should ] which happened last week, say, SE 2 - 5, I get sick as in mega cold etc

thus Saturday working on the outboard [ a coolish day w/ wind ] THAT did me in.
vicious cold began on Sunday

Monday. I needed to rest [ no ! ]. the night was tossing and turning and waiting for judgement day

Tues. a disaster. heavy lungs and cotton batten head 

back to Monday.
feeling lousy but I was up and busy. I was trying to find a new starter for the outboard.
A .. was helpful and we tried several places [ phone and on line ].
A .. had mentioned a site called ' Total Parts '. While he was running over to Central Marine, he said give Total a try.
" do you want a call back instead of waiting on hold. " Yes. I was patient but after 1/2 h I called back. In the process of dialing, the message window said ' call waiting, Total '
Of course, ' duh ' how do you switch to the call waiting.
Again. Call back. This time I got a fellow ' Sorry. part not in stock '. Here is the Amazon reference.
No joy there.

 A .. and I decide to contact Central Marine and just order the part / bite the bullet etc.

However, A .. kept saying ' Total Parts on line says ' 5 in stock '. So, on my phone, I hit the order button. Name and address / credit card AND the system says ' in process '

Call A .. and say don't go to Central. Well, figuring there was a system flaw - we waited for cancellation

NO. emails arrived 'here is your invoice ' , ' shipping label created ' etc

The starter came Tues at 11 AM




No comments:

Post a Comment