Sunday 8 September 2013

Finally

I was despairing of never being able to produce , by the numbers , that was good news .
Well , the CAA motoring magazine came through.
Our Thanksgiving Day is coming up in Oct.

Turkey ( food not country ) facts

3 100 000          turkeys purchased
0                       escapes
15 191               acres , producing cranberries
7                        hrs cooking the turkey
16                      min eating the turkey
3                        hrs . time spent arguing about or with family

Also , the mag listed upcoming world events that you could attend
I'm OK w/ Oktobefest but ' Day of the Dead ' in Oaxaca , Mex. Nope. Its supposed to be a celebration  ...... but come on.  " Where is your trip this year " Oh , we're off to Celebrate the Dead

weather : rain came and went. Blue , cool and windy .  Neat

TV , last night ,had re-runs of 2001 , 9 / 11 events
They focussed on the efforts and heroism of the day ( s ). Cerebrally , that day changed a lot for me. No, no one close was involved.
In my mind's eye , when they show that footage of the events of 9 / 11 , automatically I can see those clips of the people in some eastern cities , cheering and dancing when the saw the towers go down.

Prior to those pictures , I was pretty much , leave the Middle East alone , they are people too.
Post - 9 /11 , well , its them or us , Baby.
If I hear once more about the ' peace loving ' people of _________ ( fill in the blank ) , I'll carpet bomb the place myself.
Oops , starting to rant here , apologies.

Had tickets for last nights lotto draw. If the next blog is from Oaxaca
you can guess who won.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment