Tuesday 24 February 2015

Officially 1 000 Posts

Yes , this blog has reached 1 000 posts

I'm assuming that means a span of 2 plus years , maybe approaching very close to 3.
If you go back into the archives , you'll see that the original premise was a ' two sentence posting ' type of blog
Pithy and insightful
then it dawned on me while one is possible both is / are beyond me

Now , its a major venting venue for 
well , me
I scan the papers and listen on the buds at night. BTW - I've cut back a lot on that ' on the buds ' thing. While away , the facilities were not conducive to bud listening.
And I'm sleeping from ten or so til 7:30 , sorry Paul Simon but I do  ' Expect to sleep through the night '

You've realized that I disdain the press in general. " News " isn't
new or informative or correct.
Spin on spin is the way that I see the press reports.
Watching ' All the President's Men ' simply reinforced that view point.

What would I like to see here at ' two sentsworth ' as , say , improvement
Dunno

One thing that I've seen , customer feedback is a dangerous thing
When blogs get popular , all sorts of nasty comments come flying back Some blogs shut down for that reason
I've been lucky

Thus , I've decided to limit readership to a handful
I've made my decision based on two plus years of experience
besides in 2 years thats all people that ever signed up
I'm a self - limiting system
Thats a rare thing in systems analysis

A bit of advice. Do not go out and buy ' Malibu Rum Sparkler '
The bottle was a Xmas present. The drink is rum , natch , w/ lime and coconut overtones. M thinks the taste is mouth curdling.
I finished the bottle b/c I'm cheap , waste not , want not

As well ,I bought a UK staple drink called PIMM's #1
A gin based drink that is herb flavoured and secret.
On a recent o/vnight segment ( on the buds ) a young lady writer was commenting on the revival of gin as a drink of choice.
Apparently , the martini craze died out a decade or so ago.
A void was filled when ' apple - tini s ' and similar cocktails made a faddish leap into popularity.
Pimm's #1 is typically taken w/ lemonade. The expert suggested doing what many do - add gin. Pimm's #1 is approx 18 % alcohol.

How is my Pimm's experiment going ? Not well. The Pimm's is not quite as exotic as those English murder mysteries make it out to be.
Or I think that Pimm's sounds exotic is more likely the problem.

Many of little likes are English based. much of my reading and watching involves English murder mysteries.
When M first met me , she couldn't believe the English habits that I had. I watched Coronation Street , the English soap opera.
I enjoyed food items such as , toad in the hole , fried bread , potato bread etc
Small wonder that I'm right at home in jolly Ole England


Weather : grey , very , very  ,very cold
Its cold
Snow on the way , light flurries , a tad more maybe

On the horizon
I'm going to make my own Pimms
this will require much experimentation 
and much gin
way too much gin

What the hey , its post # 1 000



No comments:

Post a Comment