Sunday 23 October 2016

' " I " of the Tiger '

.. sort of a pun on the song

It was Giant Tiger day. Not too busy. Bananas were 7 in a bag for   $ 1.25. Raisins were $ 3.00 for 5 cups. GT marks the amount on the bag as in , 5 cups.

Bargoons galore but these were housebrand or ' Great Value '

Weather is mixed , some sun and cold wind

I took in the water hoses and drained the outside taps.

A while ago , I looked at the shut -off for the back outside tap.
Crap , up in the ceiling accessed through a vent that I cut in the drywall.
I replaced that  piece of junk w/ a extension plastic pipe into the furnace room and put the shut off there , right out in the open.
All connections were snap fit or push on.
A plumber in the store said that he didn't like or trust those ' snap on ' connectors. Well , he wasn't looking at reaching up above my head w/ my shoulders wedged into a vent size opening.
If it breaks , it breaks.

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor


Rising up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger


Hey ,Bob Dylan could have written these lyrics

I'm a Tiger by the Chinese Zodiac by year





No comments:

Post a Comment