Saturday 9 March 2019

Y.O.L.O or bad advice

You Only Live Once ( YOLO )

On the buds, CBC overnight had a podcast which was taken from the BBC series called ' Conversations '.
The panellists discussed their careers and trends in Ireland.
At the part where the audience asks questions, the moderator turns to the guests and asks ' what is the worst piece of advice that you've ever been given '

And one guest came up w/ YOLO 
Others had ' be normal '
or ' never shout '
But YOLO caught my attention. The speaker of those words pointed to a lack of a pension as the result of YOLO.
I've said ' YOLO ' before but looking at meals in a restaurant. Obviously, I've got a limited concept of YOLO.
Very limited. Extremely limited
or not even in the ballpark.

Weather is bright sun and 20 F. We will warm to plus 32 F and wait for the sleet / snow or rain or all of it overnight.

To segue from YOLO to my life, at the pub, I listened to one regular discuss taking the family car at 13 y.o. and going downtown. And all of his other similar forays in his youth.
I knew my life was dull but between the aforementioned YOLO and the pub stories
Yepper.

Limited
Very limited
and ? Ballpark not even in the province.

The eavestrough saga. The afternoon was spent on a ladder siphoning water out of the frozen eavestrough.
The combination of ice and water had the overflow falling onto the interlock. The water had no where to go b/c the downspout was frozen.
I'm imagining tonight when the rain comes. Not nice, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment