Thursday 20 August 2020

the Naked Truth

 apparently, not so naked

I referenced an article before on ' blogging and the Blogspot service from Google '. I will never have an audience b/c Google filters out responses < basically > there is a fancy way of saying it - but searchers will not easily find this blog site. I do not own the contents, either.

Oops ! I've been blogging to the ether < the real ether >


Yesterday, I returned home from a 2 niter up at the Q. I fished for 4 hours total. I small < 2 nd yr fish > largemouth bass. Came home a bit tired but found the whole time relaxing. I fished in pants and a jacket < tookd the jacket off after 11 AM but it was cool out there.

However, I did chores. I cut up a ' chimera ' as in an outdoor chimney for fires. Most of the parts are in the recycle bin on the way home. I ' saved ' the base which is a black cast iron tripod < ring shaped >. I must be a hoarder or a ' resource manager '. It was too good looking to toss.

I poisoned belt high weeds in the front planter w/ vinegar. I bedded the planter and know that it will be very hard to dig out those weeds. Thus, wither them down w/ vinegar first. And maybe last.

I scrubbed out the livewell in the bass boat. Firstly, everyone throws their fish in there and takes them out. I figure the drain isn't working as intended, so its slow to drain. There was almost a slime on the bottom and sides. Anywho it smells way better.

I weed whacked the shoreline. The weeds are now shoetop tall and not thigh high.

 I watched ' Greyhound ' , the WWII movie re: the Atlantic convoys and the German U-boat wolfpacks. Likely the best movie that I've seen on video so far this year and last year and last last year. Second to 'Alita - Battle Angel ' - of course.

The most satisfying event, was the E Tec outboard. All year, the 75 has been sputtering on start up and idle. Refusing to start on ocassion and idling very rough.

Two weeks and a bit ago, I added a product called                   ' Seafoam '. This additive gets reviews like the ' second coming '. The neighbour up there suggested an octane boost product or cleaner. I found Seafoam on YouTube and yes the praisers - ad nauseum.

I added Seafoam - and the engine smoked and sputtered a bit. There has been an improvement.

BUT this week, unbelievable the difference. I guess the additive has worked its way through the fuel system. The easiest starting and best running of the season. A charm. I BELIEVE in Seafoam. BTW, I added the second can last week on fill up. $ 13  a can but worth every penny to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment