Wednesday 1 December 2021

the un - Cyber Blog

 or the usual drivel. BUT

Important drivel, none the less. The day has promise, bit of sun that penetrated the cloud layer. Ah, the first of Dec - hey ! isn't St. Somebody s day. The patron saint of what do we do today.

It seems, that this is my last day to profit from ' Black Friday ', yes on Wed. That was, just in case that I panicked on Friday in Walmart. I did run the gauntlet on Monday and got the coffee on sale -      Maxwell House " good to the last drop "

I recall, in Florida, that we said we used Folgers and friends guffawed and lamented our choice < as poor, I suppose > Betcha that they use tapwater in their coffee maker w/ the premium blend. That means that are paying $13 / # to brew coffee w/ mineralized or hardish water from the municipal pipes.

They'd be better to spend $8 / # and use spring water. A coffee merchant who travels the world said, when asked ' I manage about three cups of coffee a week. If I don't know the water quality then I don't drink the coffee '.

I have my B.B.C. axiom. I use bacon, butter and coffee. If the doctor says cut out a member of BBC then I'll keep doing BBC.

" Success is counted sweetest by those who ne'er succeed "

This adage was at the back of my mind while I gave another try at bread making. Many modifications to the previous try. Way less agony - no esctacy either, tho'. I let the yeast sit in warm water and a tad of sugar < kinda get a start - took 15 minutes BTW >. The rising went well, a ballooning happened. The second rise was also on target. And baking was a solid 8 out of 10. Next time I'll use the thermometer sooner - an internal temperture of 195 - 200 is ' bread done '. My loaf got to 209 F. A smooch too long. 
The taste and texture test- nice soft bread, delicate flavour. Alrighty ! The rating is a 8 / 10. A bit of room for improvement. But I'm on track to becoming good.
We won't kick this bread out of bed. Hey, that sounds ....... kinky, No ?




No comments:

Post a Comment