Monday 18 April 2022

A New Point of View

 in the basement, taking advantage of the fireplace and the change of POV. We have - more or less, a picture window in the livingroom / everything room. We spend 3/4 of waking hours there. Great View.

Getting lesser b/c the foliage will curtain us in. We can still see across the ravine.

From down here < ground level > the landscape features are clsoer and there is less of a lookdown feeling. And no, we don't do this enough - we are too lazy and upstairs is closer to everything i.e. kithcen.

Its a cool start and the best we get is 40 3 F by afternoon. We are grateful for the sun and non - freezing air - you won't fast chill a chicken out there. Its tempting to go out and do chores - however, dress for the day.
To wit, I decided to do windows. I have a window washing pole, wash cloth-assembly and squeegee. I wore my winter/ fall overjacket and a hoodie. The plan, take off the jacket as I got warmed up. Nope. Never, removed the outer layer. The wind was up but it wasn't the only  problem.
It takes approx 30 - 40 minutes to do the lower sliding glass doors, upper  picture window and sidelights, upper bay windows ( 3 ) and lower picture window and sidelights. Usually, I give the frontside windows a rough go. I'll need to re-do the  front windows but willwait til the weather warms.

Lesson. dress in layers, even around the house. IT IS NOT summer !

This blog is a rarity for me. A steady, on going effort. I've found bits and pages of writing . The content is spur of the moment. And brief, maybe contemporary, but arcane. Sort of the ' Dead Sea Scrolls ' but not important and not profound.

SNOW !

No comments:

Post a Comment