Wednesday 20 April 2022

The Day in Review

 I did the needful and got an oil change. Recalling what items and services used to cost is a consequence of ' been there, done that - but cheaper '

OK. $ 110 and coin for an oil change. To be fair, the truck needs super duper oil < to last 16 000 KM or miles ???? >. The sticker on the window Aug / 21. for the last change. As well, the changer guy runs around and tops up fluids and lubes doors etc.

Then, the Tiger was a quick stop. Right. The cart filled quickly. However, I opted to see what I could buy that we regularly might need.
So, flour, sugar < on sale >, milk, eggs, flowers < live ones >,doughnuts and pretzels all made it into the buggy. Oh and sherpa insoles that will go in my slippers
Ah, those slippers

Originally, the slippers consisted of soft leather uppers and a plasticky kind of sole. The upshot was a stiff and noisy < clop - clop sound > for your feet. I actually, stopped wearing them.
Then a random thought said ' remove the plastic '. New comfortable slippers.
But the material left was slick. OK. I used textured ink to create a slip resistant pattern for traction. The paint wore off and there is not much to attach to.
Next. I glued textured drawer line to give some traction. That mostly wore off. Alright. Let s go w/ double sided Gorilla tape stuck to the bottom and liner material of top.
Limited success. Some liner stayed most fell off.
Now, I'm using Gorilla tape and liner but added stitches to hold the Gorilla tape down.

At this point, sane people say ' enough ! go buy a new pair '
Aha, you mean the same ones that caused these problems b/c that is all that I'll find

There is a part of me that is cheap. And a part of me thats says ' throwing out is a real societal issue ' . Some may even say that ' out ' is getting hard to find. I.E. where do you dump stuff if your a city.

The sherpa liners ( see: got back on track ) are fitted inside the slippers and are comfortable. Cost of all this approx $ 4 and time.

We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment