Saturday 30 April 2022

Up w/ the Birds

 actually, I mean that I saw the clock at 5:15 AM and again at almost 6. Now, its 7 and I am typing

I believe technically the birds were officially awake before me.
Go birds. The Toronto Raptors - centre less Raptors, are out of the playoffs. A short run but short.
The BlueJays of Major League baseball are a ' hit ' and pitch success.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are a force in the NHL.

A repeat, I'm sure. The program, an A&E channel original called          ' Nightwatch ' is our regular choice at 10 PM Thursday. Nightwatch follows the EMS response in New Orleans. LA. Of course, its the 8P to 4A shift. Not a job that I'd have wanted.

Alright. Talk and action is shifting to the Quarter Mile House. My truck bed is loaded w/ ' plastic ' tiles to overlay on the backdeck. The wood is of dubious finish [ the urethane or waterseal is long gone ]. Thus, the new owner, A. is covering the boards w/ black tile. I'm in charge of transport. Along w/ a ' post jack ' [ in case, its needed some year ], a hedge trimmer and baking sheet 2 1/2 ft by 3 ft.
The wholeload is cottage bound on Monday.

I'm hoping the guys mean to help me prep the boat too!

The Long Range, courtesy of Brett Anderson at Accuweather. The headline reads " Stubborn Cold to  Linger into May "

May 4 - 10 `the lower Great Lakes Basin is cool w/ drier to the NorthEast and wet to the East and south

May 11 - 17 the lower Great Lakes Basin is surrounded by : Cool to the North and dry to the East. SouthW, there is wet and SouthE there is warmer. 

May 18 - 24 the Lower Great Lakes Basin is wet [ extending almost to Superior ] and coolNorth of that w/ Warmer down the Atlantic seaboard

I fiddled w/ the bookshelves in the spare / workout room plus sewing machine. ' Fiddled ' b/c the shelves in the middle are fixed. These are Ikea CD or cassette holder shelves. We have paperbacks and CD / cassette tapes there. The original intent was to re - organize [ my speciality ] and make the storage more efficient and cull what is not wanted
Surprise ! Everything went back - of course it did ! On the positive side, I did an inventory and streamlined the shelving [ a bit ].

So ,we ask who keeps cassette tapes ? And for what. But in my defence, there are Sherlock Holmes material and Donna Leone stuff [ she writes the Inspector Guido Brunetti series ]

" Offer up your best defence " is my style



No comments:

Post a Comment