Tuesday 19 June 2012

Drilled again

Some men attract gorgeous women. That's how I met M ( of course ).
However, I seem to be a focal point for any insect that bites or drills you.
Horseflies, deerflies yep, doesn't matter.
To-day, I received a visit from a deerfly (??) or something that causes swelling. Ten minutes after the bite, my ear lobe is like a second nose and growing. I iced for twenty minutes before the heat and throbbing went away. Apparently, it is still swollen but it doesn't hurt.
This phenomenon is not scientifically proven.
You can feel safe though around me. If it bites or sucks, it goes for me. Long sleeve shirts and pants are a must.  Lee Valley ( outdoor supply co. ) sells deerfly strips that stick on the back of a hat. My record is eight deerflies stuck on the strip ( double side sticky ). Yesterday, there were 7 glued to the strip.

I'm still trying not to scratch a bite from last week that's on my wrist, you know below the cuff of the long sleeve shirt and above where the insect OFF was applied.

What else do I attract, 7 th day adventists, credit card salespeople and wasps ( the bug kind ).

No comments:

Post a Comment