Tuesday 26 June 2012

what did you learn to-day

Yesterday, spent the daylight hours - blowing down the Otonabee. We were out fishing. the wind was an elemental - 35 KpH and we hid from the wind the whole day, or tried. This wind was the prevailing N -  NW kind, but turned up a notch.  We did well, considering.
maybe, 6 fish. My spinnerbait was the # 1 performer in the morning.
I'm not a spinnerbait fisher. I use a baitcast outfit. There is definitely a feel for spBt fishing. I don't have it but am getting better.
This AM out alone and the spinnerbait did it again. As well, my fall back position is a straight worm or stick plastic allowed to fall, connected.

I'm on the laptop sitting on the deck at QMH, watching the Ottonabee go by. We have a steel roof at QMH. reception for our dial up 3.5 G Rocket Stick is peripatetic. So, I said go outside. Bingo - bango. W/ out the steel roof interference the reception is lightning quick - go figure ( no interference , good reception. ) Dah.

of course, in winter 5 C is kinda cool to be out typing. Never mind the ice.

OK  I'm bass fishing again, a true rite of summer and me.

Update 2012  7- 21.  Wind from the north
                                  Wise fisher goes not forth
                                  Wind from the east
                                  Not fit for man or beast
                                  Wind from the west
                                  Fishing the best
                                  Wind from the south
                                  Blows the bait in the fishes mouth

old fishing verses

On the Otonabee a S or SW wind is usually the sign of a storm.
But before a storm the cold wind sweeps down the river from the north

No comments:

Post a Comment