Monday 18 June 2012

Your own Medicine

I'm icing both knees and giving therapeutic advice to a friend. irony or what. Now to be fair, I did stop running and switched to the  elliptical training.
My advice was a) total rest first, to heal b) go softer / slower / shorter when your legs (knees ) hurt. And give up running b/c running is not for everyone.
I've heard repeatedly, that running is natural. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Most ( read 70 % ) of runners have improper running technique. The list of inconsistencies is ten or so items long. From foot strike to daily practise  and stretching. No, running or the running motion is only natural in that people can do it. Not do it right. So, the reality is over time, all the faults are multiplied and give the resultant physical problems. 
All right, all right, yeah you'd love taking advice from me. I tried, I try.

Went to see the " ADvengers " this moniker is from the Ohio blog follower contingent. Well done. Way more humourous than I could ever imagine. R. Downey Jr was tolerable even likable.  Loki makes an excellent villain.
Capt America comes across a little plain but heroic... who woulda thunk. Scarlett Johannsen as the " Black " Widow was subdued and interesting.
The neighbours here in Suburbia were kind enough to take me as " one of the kids " no doubt. Quite a learning experience. I discovered what a " dill shaker " is. do you know ? Hows many Skittles can a teenager consume ? A lot.

Well, the knees are only marginally sore and or swollen... no hills for me this week, the grass can grow unmolested for another month, on the hill. I don't know what degree the slope is on the hill but 25 sounds about right. I'm very poor at guesstimating...
my favourite line is " you could put a quart of water in a gallon bucket, and I'd guess the volume wrong by a quart ".

OK Roger, over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment