Friday 28 February 2014

Awaiting the Flare Up

So, last night as a precaution took a super-doozie , 600 mg Ibuprofen. The 600 should reduce swelling and dull the discomfort

To-day , minimal irritation , breakfast et al.
However , there is no time limit on the dentist's warning. Although the assumption on my part is that if I can make the week end then I'd probably be in the 60 - 40 range of a flare up - read , massive infection.
One week out and I'm sure those numbers reverse.

We are cold. Period. Warming trend apparently means one day will rise to freezing point. then we drop again. oops !

On the boob Tube; Showcase , rather than PBS or some other non-profit is running Sherlock Holmes. This SH , is the BBC version set in modern day London. SH uses cell phones ( actually, the Brits call it a ' mobile ' ).
I re-watched an episode called ' Scandal in Bohemia '. M came in part way through the episode. I remarked that I found the series irritating but interesting at the same time.
The format takes advantage of modern technology to boost SH 's abilities. Using dialogue and situations from the original texts by A.C. Doyle . This particular show was more fascinating than irritating.

As well , last night was ' Elementary ' the U.S. version of a modern SH set in N.Y. This version has Johnny Lee Miller as SH and Lucy Liu as ' Joan ' Watson. This modern SH does tend to be , more irritating than fascinating. however , it is still better TV production than almost anything else.

Can one get SH overload. I'm sure it could happen.

The BBC version boasts an excellent Mycroft Holmes. This MH is closer to the idealized MH as found in A.C. D 's writing and the other series MH s.

And one advantage to SH , either version is that the characters don't have fangs. Apparently , there is a plethora of gorgeous woman running around w / big incisors. B/c this is what I notice on ' Space ' channel and many other series carrying channels.
I have not used e - Harmony or other dating sites. In fact, I haven't been in the market or dating for 28 years. So , I probably don't see many fanged ladies. And of course , I would lack the proper etiquette for dealing w/ a hot vampire or werewolf date.
I'm so uncultured.
' My what big teeth , you have ' , could not be a good opening. It seemed to work for Little Red though.

The Ukraine is getting a lot of press. Confused. Divided. Dangerous.
are all words that come to mind. It is very hard to apply the concept of democracy to this area of the world.
However , these are countries in the relatively early years of government by the people , for the people etc. . This region still lives the long shadow of dictatorial government and repression of Western ideals except in books or film.
I've always felt TV as a process could be an excellent tool for education. But I've just about decided that a whole whack of people never got or get the education that I think that I received or receive from TV.
Personally , I found or find that many programs open doors and gateways to parts of the world that I do not intend or want to visit.
Further , culture is very hard to perceive or absorb from a limited exposure. And there is always the risk that the culture or milieu that you do notice is ' tainted ' by the production itself.

Ah ,the greatest fear of all scientists and explorers that the very act of exploration or discovery ,  itself alters the reality. 

In quantum physics , the dilemma is that you cannot know both position and speed of a particle. The process of testing for one , affects the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment