Sunday 2 February 2014

Did You Really Want to....

... know this ?

To-day , the swim was easy and smooth.  Then I thought , bet this isn't a fast swim. B/c when you're swimming easy , its probably a slow swim. Contrarily , when you think that you're really driving hard , yep , its most likely a slow swim , too.
OK , when is it a fast swim. 
When I ran usually about 3 - 4 miles , approx every 5 or 6 runs was what is called a  ' runner's high ' , you're working hard but  for some reason the adrenaline is up and you float.
When I started swimming ( you still float but not in the emotional sense ) I noticed right away that the ' swimmer's high came about every 30 swims .Maybe. Sometimes longer in between.

And then realize , I'm not swimming the same way as I used to.
Even my ellipticing isn't a hard driving work out b/c I've backed way off.
You know , no pain - well , that's good. The work out is closer to a massage then anything else.
older and wiser ???  Yeah , but probably , hurting isn't as much fun as I used to think it was.

Over the year's in talking to real runners 1) they were amazed that the runner's high for me was every 6 runs 2) swimmers must really tough it out b/c , you guessed it 1 / 30 was way beyond anything they could hope for.
Crikey. I couldn't imagine day after day and no high. The discipline to keep going ( ???????????????) haven't a clue how they do it.

Now , realize I'm recreational swimming , so , maybe its a difference that I can't envision. As in  way beyond my league or non- league , as the case may be.

Weather is c'est magnifique. 60 F - morning ,  going for 70 something this aft.

To-day could be a ' sunshine high '

No comments:

Post a Comment