Tuesday 24 June 2014

A Part of Life

Long ago , my second car , broke down on the road , away from home. Called my Dad and brother. " Good " says my Dad. " You need to know that things breakdown ".
He sends my brother , who knows Nada about cars.
We got home. Dad finishes w/ " An all around good experience for you " Yeah , right Dad.

This Sunday , I was meeting 3 guys on the river for fishing. I didn't want to be late , so I lowered the boat 20 minutes early.
The boat is sliding down the ramp and CLUNK. Dunno !
Pushed , pulled and tried all the stuff that usually gets results. Nope.

The guys text that they are close. I texted back ' Railway problem w/ the boat. I'll join you later.
They decided to come down river and check.
 There I am sweating and out of ideas. Well , 3 hrs later the boat is in the water. The marine railway fixed and operating.
They did all the work. I lugged equipment up and down the hill
I'm hurting , even to-day.
I figure 3 times up an down the hill is aerobic enough. I did 12 trips
Sunday w/ 6 trips carrying battery, winch and stones.
We fished til 8 : 20 PM. I went home and had 2 beers , ate and slept.

B/c , 2 other friends were coming Monday. This is tag team fishing adventuring. This group was supposed to be for 2 days. Eek !!!

Turns out , one couldn't get off the 2 days and the other needed to be at a meeting for clients at 8 PM.  TG
I had all my excuses ready for why I couldn't fish the second day.

A very good time , all things considered.
I'm dead , oh , did I say that already.

Weather is sticky and warm going hot. Rain is anytime.

World news , lots of killing in Iraq , Ebola running riot in W Africa.
Were safe in the sGWN , I guess

Cross your fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment